- The Philippine Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (PBOG) granted the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology a four-year accreditation for training (2019-2022). At present there are fourteen residents-in-training.
2. Dr. Sheryl Deterala and Dr. Kathleen Rose Imperial-Ador, both graduates of the OB-GYN training program in 2017 passed the Part 1 Diplomate Certifying Examination.
3. Continuing training in BEmONC for midwives, nurses and doctors.
Basic emergency obstetric and newborn care (BEmONC) is a primary health care level initiative targetting low- and middle-income countries to reduce maternal and newborn mortality. BeMONC training includes mentoring and monitoring through supportive supervision, provision of equipment and supplies, strengthening referral linkages, and improving infection-prevention practice. An average of five training courses are conducted each year.
4. Progesterone Subdermal Implant (PSI) Training for midwives, nurses and doctors
The progesterone subdermal contraceptive implant is a long-acting, reversible, hormonal contraceptive contained in a sterile, latex-free single-rod containing 68 mg etonogestrel (progesterone-only) and is effective for up to 3 years.
5. Minilap BTL under local anesthesia Training for doctors
Training of doctors for permanent sterilization thru minilap bilateral tubal ligation under local anesthesia is done as part of the Family Planning program.
- Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
The Gynecologic Oncology Clinic at the Bicol Cancer Center operates every Friday from 8 am to 12 noon. Services offered are the following: Cervical Biopsy, Oncology consults and referrals, Counselling, and Chemotherapy. The Colposcopy Clinic is open every Wednesday from 8 am to 12 noon.
2. Family Planning
The Family Planning Clinic is open from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Services offered are the following: Family Planning counselling for and provision of reversible and permanent methods. Scheduling of patients for Interval BTL is also done in this clinic.
3. Teenage Parent Clinic
The Teenage Parent Clinic is open daily from 8-4 pm. Services offered are prenatal check-ups, counselling and referral to the Family Planning Clinic.
4. Reproductive Endocrinology and Fertility Clinic
The Reproductive Endocrinology and infertility Clinic is open every Friday from 10 am to 12 noon. Patients with fertility problems, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding and other reproductive endocrinology problems are seen and treated. Hysteroscopy is a procedure offered by the section to visualize and treat lesions inside the uterus.
5. High Risk Pregnancy Clinic
The High Risk Pregnancy (Perinatology) Clinic is open every Wednesday from 8 am to 12 noon. Patients with co-existing medical and surgical conditions are managed in the clinic. The clinic also offers Non-Stress test, Biophysical Profile and Doppler Velocimetry.